Sunday, November 27, 2011

What Did We Do Before We Could Record?????


Thank goodness for the ability to record! My husband is grateful that he can record sporting events when we are unable to be at home when they are originally aired; I am thankful that my educational web conferences are recorded for my convenience. Although I have had trouble attending a live web conference during EDLD 5363, I have gained a great deal of insight into the course expectations by watching the recorded versions of these conferences.

This week I watched the recording of the November 22, 2011 web conference. Of course I received clarification on some of the expectations for the week 2 assignment, but I really appreciated Brian Conner’s humor. Being a math person as well, I could relate to his viewpoint on a few matters. For instance, many math teachers only know how to use paper and pencil as Brian pointed out.  It helped a lot for Dr. Abernathy to answer questions presented by my classmates. Some of the questions were issues of concern to me, too. I was having trouble understanding exactly what we were supposed to post about the video editing software we had chosen. Dr. Abernathy explained that we needed to make a podcast about how to use that software. She also helped us understand the importance of using subject tags on our podcasts when we put them on YouTube. Unfortunately, I didn’t do that with the video I put on YouTube during week 1; now I know.

It was also very helpful and a relief to know more about what to expect in week 3, 4, and 5 as we work with our groups. I think I even understood that one of those weeks we won’t actually have anything to turn in because we will be building in one week in order to turn in something later. It was also nice to know that I’m already doing some of the things about which other students were unsure. My partners and I have been using a google document to record our collaboration during weeks 1 and 2.

I know I need to attend a live web conference before EDLD 5363 is over, so I am striving to reach that goal. Hopefully the next few weeks won’t be as overloaded as weeks 1 and 2 have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment